Leading the Animation Department the Animation Supervisor will support a team of animators to ensure that the team is following the style of the existing series and maintaining the integrity of the show.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Director, other Supervisor and Animation team to complete work in accordance with the style of the show
- Review animatic to predict challenges that may come up throughout the episode and distribute work throughout the team
- Support and mentor animation team, focusing on strengths within the team when assigning workload
- Review animation completed by the team and assign revisions as required.
- Review all completed animation and revisions prior to submitting work to the Director
- Complete creative revisions required as called by the Director or Client
- Ensure that all internal and external deadlines are met for the entire Animation department
- Resolve problems or concerns within the Animation department in a productive and positive manner, escalating challenges when necessary
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 2 + years of previous experience as an Animation Supervisor on a production series
- Proficient in the use of Harmony, with a strong understanding of the technical aspects
- Able to manage and mentor a team of 5-10 animators (depending on the production)
- Strong knowledge of animation principles and ability to apply them
- Solid understanding of walk cycles, lip sync, and character timing
- Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary
- Effective problem-solving skills, solution oriented
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is Brown Bag Films an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have an Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
If this sounds like the job for you please Apply Here
If you experience difficulties throughout the application process you may also forward your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org