At Brown Bag Films our motto is simple: “We love animation.” In fact, we love it so much we trademarked it! ‘WeLove Animation™.’ We are looking for an Animator to join our team who shares our love of Animation and will bring with them a passion for creating high quality animated content. In addition to your passion and creativity you will bring 2+ years’ experience as an Animator working in Toon Boom Harmony.
Supporting the Animation Department, and the production as a whole, the Animator will develop animation with a variety of concepts, designs, and graphics, creating a variety of animated scenes.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Animate scenes that have been assigned that are consistent in quality and style of the production and meet internal deadlines
- Use/manipulate available assets to create scenes and problem solve when assets are unavailable
- Work with the entire Animation team to ensure that scenes fit into the production as a whole and are in line with Director’s vision
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 2 + years of previous experience as an Animator on an animation production
- Proficient in the use of Toon Boom Harmony, with a strong understanding of the technical aspects
- Strong knowledge of animation principles and ability to apply them
- Solid understanding of walk cycles, lip sync, and character timing
- Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary
- Effective problem-solving skills, solution oriented
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is Brown Bag Films an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have an Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
If you experience difficulties throughout the application process you may also forward your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org