Are you a night owl? Love multitasking? Got a knack for editing? Then this job might be right for you!
Reporting to the Head of Post Production, the Assistant Editor will be responsible for providing off-hours support to the Editing team as needed.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Responsible for assemblies & rough timing passes
- Responsible for processing live action dailies
- Responsible for cutting in revised shots in anamatic reels & colour assemblies
- Export audio clips & scenes for animation and comp
- Inserting audio pick-ups into existing anamatic and live action reels.
- Export screening files for review
- Additional duties assigned by the Series Editor
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 1-3 years of experience in an assistant editor role
- Knowledge of the animation pipeline advantageous but not required
- Experience working with green screen live action footage
- Working knowledge of Premiere Pro and Media Encoder
- Basic knowledge of programs used in Comp/FX (After Effects, Photoshop)
- Strong Time Management Skills
- Able to problem solve and multi task
- Able to work evenings (30 hours per week)
- Strong communication skills; verbal, nonverbal and written
- Professional and positive attitude
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is Brown Bag Films an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have an Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.