Our Toronto team is looking for an experienced Background Supervisor to be responsible for leading the background department following the style of the existing series and maintaining the integrity of the production.
- Manage a team of 2 – 6 background artists
- Works closely with the Art Director/Director to ensure that the Backgrounds stay on style with the show
- Assists in the colour keys to be used throughout the season
- Works closely with Design and Layout departments to ensure all assets are available as needed
- Review animatics prior to assigning work to predict challenges that may come up throughout the episode
- Assign work (to the team) in a fair manner, focusing on strengths within the team
- Works ahead of the team and flags any challenges that may come
- Reviews the work of the background team prior to submitting it for review of the Director
- Ensure that all internal and external deadlines are met
- Delegate or complete all internal and external revisions
- Resolve problems or concerns within the background department in a productive and positive manner
- Escalate challenges when necessary
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 4 + years of experience in the role
- Has a solid sense of colour and contributes to the creation of the colour key
- Able to assess the strengths of the teams and assigns work accordingly
- Able to proactively predict challenges and flag them to the Art Director/Producer so that a solution is found prior to the work being assigned to the background team
- Has a solid understanding of the programs being used (Photoshop, Flash and Harmony)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that can be used to motivate and mentor the team
- Able to multitask under strict deadlines
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is Brown Bag Films an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 300 artists working on award-winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
If you experience technical difficulties during your application process you may also submit resumes to email@example.com