Do you eat, sleep and breath colour? Do you see salmon whereas someone sees pink? Do you get excited about talking colour theory and paint palettes with your friends? Then this job might be right for you!
Supporting the Design Department and the production as a whole, the Designer will create colour keys and colour style (character and props) in the style of the show.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Colour style Key Characters and Props as it pertains to its assigned episode, using appropriate backgrounds
- Collaborate with the Design team and Art Director to ensure continuity of character and prop colours
throughout the production
- Work with Director and Animation teams to colour additional elements as needed
- Complete work on schedule and maintain deadlines assigned, communicating with the Art Director and Design
- Supervisor regarding the status of work and any problems that may arise.
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- Illustration or traditional art skills
- 2+ years of previous experience as a Colour Stylist on an animation production
- Knowledge of drawing software including Photoshop, Illustrator, Harmony
- Strong composition and perspective skills
- A keen eye for detail and composition ( detailed oriented )
- Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is Brown Bag Films an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have an Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.