9 Story Media Group is a leading creator, producer and distributor of kids and family-focused intellectual property. The company’s international distribution arm, 9 Story Distribution International represents over 2,700 half-hours of animated and live-action programming, seen on some of the most respected international channels and platforms. With offices in Toronto, Dublin, Manchester and New York, the 9 Story Media group of companies employ almost 600 creative and corporate staff.
Our Toronto office is seeking a Development Assistant to provide administrative support for to the VP, Development (Dublin), Director of Development (Toronto) and the wider development team.
The ideal candidate is a team player that has a hands-on approach to the work environment. As we have multiple executives in various locations, the ability to multitask and prioritize is essential in this role.
- Running the development team calendar efficiently as the main point of communication for
- Development & Creative Affairs across the department’s three locations (Toronto, Dublin and
- New York)
- Manage and schedule meetings and calls (internal and external guests)
- Book national and international travel & accommodations for the development team
- Circulate meeting agendas and meeting minutes
- Ownership of the weekly meetings’ agendas and circulating follow-up notes
- Filing and organizing the internal development drive, Google drive, and shared drive with NY and Dublin
- Work closely with the development coordinator (NY) to schedule and follow up on the team’s project-related tasks
- Ensure coordination of all materials related to the workflow by drafting weekly task schedules for team listing the required creative notes/responses on a per-project
- Lead administrative tasks by liaising and tracking all contracts
- Process invoices and generate expense reports working closely with accounting
- Screening and tracking creative projects submitted to the company and circulating to the team for review
- Prepare presentations for markets and pitch meetings
- Assist on special projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum of one year experience
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint and Google Suite (Gmail, Google, google doc, google sheets)
- Photoshop skills an asset
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary
- Experience in children’s media or keen interest is a plus
- Ability to function in a fast-paced professional environment
- Energetic and Pleasant Personality
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentially of all files, communications and information
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is 9 Story Media Group an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 300 artists working on award-winning animated children’s content.
If this sounds like the job for you, please Apply Here
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have an Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
If you experience technical difficulties throughout the application process please e-mail resumes to email@example.com