Our Toronto team is looking for an experienced Layout Supervisor to be responsible for leading the Layout department following the style of the existing series and maintaining the integrity of the production.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Director, and other department Supervisors to complete work in accordance with the style of the show
- Oversee the assignment and management of the Layout team’s workload, including reviewing the animatic, creating breakdown lists, assigning work, and approving completed layouts
- Balance multiple priorities and ensure that all internal and external deadlines are met for the Layout department
- Support and mentor the layout team, focusing on strengths within the team when assigning workload
- Resolve problems or concerns within the Layout department in a productive and positive manner, escalating challenges when necessary
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 2 + years of previous experience as a Layout Supervisor on a production series
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop and Shotgun
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment and take direction well
- Able to work within a team as well as to work independently as required
- Solid understanding 2D layout, perspective, and scale principles
- Effective problem-solving skills, solution oriented
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is Brown Bag Films an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 300 artists working on award-winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
If you experience technical difficulties during your application process you may also submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org