9 Story Media Group is one of the world’s leading kids and family content companies. Our
award-winning animation studio, Brown Bag Films, is 100% creatively driven with a focus on
producing the highest quality cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging
characters. Its award-winning animation studio, Brown Bag Films, is recognized around the
world for best-in-class brands such as Doc McStuffins, Daniel Tiger’s
Neighbourhood, Octonauts, Wild Kratts, Peter Rabbit and The Magic School Bus: Rides Again.
The company’s international distribution arm, 9 Story Distribution International, represents
over 3,500 half-hours of animated and live-action programming, provided to major
international broadcasters and digital platforms.
We are seeking seeking an experienced Producer for a 3D animated series for 6-9 year
olds with a strong musical component to joing our New York based team.
Candidates must have a working knowledge of animation production with a minimum of 5 years of production experience. Key responsibilities include overseeing the writing, research schedule and process, and voice over records and liaising with the key creative and animation teams.
• Oversee series writing schedule and process: including hiring writers, managing the
schedule, and facilitating creative and production input
• Work closely with the Research department to ensure content is appropriately
vetted by the research team, recommendations are implemented as needed
• Manage and provide creative and production feedback throughout all stages of
• Coordinate and produce voice over record sessions
• Work with teams across New York, Dublin, and Los Angeles
• Manage production schedule, ensuring all deadlines are met
• Oversee budget spending and reporting
• Communicate with and service the needs of other internal departments, including
research, marketing, and digital
• Ensure that partner feedback is implemented appropriately
• Troubleshoot problems that arise during production
• 5+ years of production experience, children’s content experience required
• 3D animation experience required
• Experience producing voice over sessions a plus
• Strong storytelling skills with an understanding of 6-9 year old audiences
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Final Draft
• High initiative, detail oriented with superior organizational skills
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
If you have the above qualifications and are looking to join a dynamic growing organization
focused on bringing quality programming into the homes of families all over the world then this is the job for you!
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in the US.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified
persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.