9 Story Media Group is one of the world’s leading kids and family content companies. Our
award-winning animation studio, Brown Bag Films, is 100% creatively driven with a focus on
producing the highest quality cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging
characters. Its award-winning animation studio, Brown Bag Films, is recognized around the
world for best-in-class brands such as Doc McStuffins, Daniel Tiger’s
Neighbourhood, Octonauts, Wild Kratts, Peter Rabbit and The Magic School Bus: Rides Again. The company’s international distribution arm, 9 Story Distribution International, represents over 3,500 half-hours of animated and live-action programming, provided to major
international broadcasters and digital platforms.
We seeking an experienced Producer for an iconic, high profile preschool series
that combines 2D, 3D and live action to join our New York based team. Candidates must have a strong knowledge of animation production with a minimum of 5 years of production experience. Key responsibilities include coordinating teams in New York and Toronto, providing creative feedback throughout production, and managing the schedule and budget.
• Coordinate the work of teams in New York and Toronto across animation and live
• Manage production schedule, ensuring all deadlines are met
• Work under Supervising Producer to communicate and execute creative direction
across multiple facets of production including scripting, design, music, costumes,
props, edits and mix sessions
• Work closely with the writing and research teams, managing overall schedule and
assuring recommendations are implemented and carried over through production.
• Communicate with and service the needs of other internal departments, including
research, marketing, and digital
• Liaise with broadcaster and ensure that partner feedback is implemented
• Gather final production delivery items due to network
• Troubleshoot problems that arise during production
• 5+ years of production experience, children’s content experience required
• 2D and 3D animation experience, live action experience a plus
• Strong storytelling skills with an understanding of preschool audiences
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Final Draft
• High initiative, detail oriented with superior organizational skills
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
If you have the above qualifications and are looking to join a dynamic growing organization
focused on bringing quality programming into the homes of families all over the world then this is the job for you!
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in the US.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified
persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.