At Brown Bag Films our motto is simple: “We love animation.” In fact, we love it so much we trademarked it! ‘We Love Animation™.’ We are looking for a Production Manager to join our team who shares our love of Animation and will bring with them a passion for creating high quality animated content.
The Production Manager works closely with the Producer and production team to provide support as needed, ensuring the coordination of the daily workflow of production materials at each stage of the production. Acts as a liaison between Producer, Director and crew to communicate creative priorities throughout the productions as required.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Ensure coordination of the daily workflow of production materials (ex. Scripts, storyboards, animatics, designs etc.)
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication with all crew and freelancers
- Ensure all departments have the appropriate production assets and infrastructure in order to successfully execute in their roles and according to schedule
- Log and track all production activities and distributed materials, ensuring prompt distribution of production correspondence to internal and external clients/personnel (e-mail, courier, fax, etc.)
- Review clearance and standard & practice reports determining any required changes
- Attend creative review and approval sessions to help determine their impact on production
- Work closely with the Producer to propose solutions to any production challenges
- Support script coordination and preparation of record draft scripts, final production draft scripts, fine cut scripts
- Support asset coordination, lists, reviews, approvals and assignments
- Provide assistance with revisions/animation coordinating
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 4+ years’ experience in the same or similar role
- Strong understanding of the animation pipeline
- Able to proactively recognize challenges, flag them to the Producer and provide possible solutions
- Strong understanding of the production ecosystem and deadlines
- Level-headed when working against tight timelines
- Able to identify areas of improvement within the pipeline
- Sound judgment and discretion while managing sensitive, confidential information
- Superior communication skills, able to work autonomously and in a team setting
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with superior agility navigating multiple priorities and/or difficult situations
- Ability to influence and drive results, building relationships with both staff and leadership
- Professional and friendly with a flexible attitude
- Computer literacy and advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word etc), as well as Gmail and Google applications
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is Brown Bag Films an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have an Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
If this sounds like the job for you please Apply Here