Are you a relationship builder, an organizational ninja and highly passionate about building strong teams? We are looking for an experienced Recruitment Manager to lead our recruitment team that oversees the full-cycle external and internal recruitment function for 9 Story Media Group and the Brown Bag Films Production roles.
The Recruitment Manager will be Responsible for:
- Initiate and drive dynamic recruitment efforts to attract highly skilled artists and candidates
- Manage team of 2 Recruiters – assign roles to recruit for, coach on best practices, perform performance reviews and work to grow the team’s strengths
- Partner with HR Business Partners and hiring managers to identify role requirements, selection process, timelines and approach
- Participate in the Interview process and coach managers on proper interview techniques
- Post roles externally using internal HRIS. Research and use industry specific sites and leverage social media to attract strong talent
- Manage and process pre-employment background in compliance with policy
- Prepare and negotiate job offers
- Conduct reference checks
- Analyze resource usage and productivity reports and provide recommendations on appropriate action plans or required activities
- Consult with business to understand the external market and related hiring trends for talent, any metrics and issues, and possible talent implications resulting from shifts within the industry
- Build solid partnerships with hiring managers, vendors (such as recruitment agencies) and across Human Resources to ensure efficient and effective staffing process
- Further develop campus recruitment efforts and nurture relationships with the animation colleges
- Attend recruitment and networking events, including campus industry events
- Support various initiatives within talent acquisition and talent management
- Work closely with Producers and department managers on various Productions to identify needs within their teams and to first identify internal talent
- Post roles internally using HRIS
- Work in conjunction with HR Business Partner to leverage internal talent pool and succession planning to fill roles internally
- Proactively manage staff availability, including communication to all relevant partners
- Ensure all relevant employee notes or conversations are documented within the HRIS
The Recruitment Manager will have the following Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in a high volume recruitment environment
- Experience managing a team
- A degree or diploma in Business Administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional teamwork skills and a very strong work ethic that revolves around building strong teams that enhance the company culture
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is 9 Story Media Group an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. In addition to a highly competitive compensation package we offer a great work environment, first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 400 artists working on award-winning animated children’s content.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.