At Brown Bag Films our motto is simple: “We love animation.” In fact, we love it so much we trademarked it! ‘WeLove Animation™.’ We are looking for an Animator to join our team who shares our love of Animation and will bring with them a passion for creating high quality animated content. In addition to your passion and creativity you will bring 2+ years’ experience as an Animator working in Toon Boom Harmony.
The Rigging Artist will be responsible for taking vector art created by the design team and distributing it to working rigged hierarchy in Maya, adjusting the hierarchy to fit character specific requirements. They must be able to follow established rigging conventions, style, and production specific template layouts.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Must be able to communicate and work in collaboration with Design, Animation and Scene Planning
- Must be able to set up a character so that the character/prop can move in the desired manner
- Identify problems and ask for help when needed
- Aims for consistency of the rigs throughout the production
- Test rigs, and ensure that they will hold up in animation
- Must have great organizational skills and ability to follow established conventions
- Being able to take direction and implement
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- Very Strong working knowledge of 3D Rigging principles
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and animation with an understanding of puppet and control philosophy
- Strong drawing skills are an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya
- A good working knowledge of shotgun
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment and take direction easily and be willing to participate as a member as well as to work independently as required
- Solid understanding of anatomy, mechanics and movement
- Technical understanding of the application of layouts and how to trouble
- Highly organized and stellar planning skills
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is Brown Bag Films an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have an Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.