Is taking, breaking down, and rebuilding characters your thing? Does animating and bringing dimensionality 2D character rev your creative engine? If this sounds like you, then you may be a perfect candidate to join our team at Brown Bag Toronto!
The Rigging Artist will be responsible for taking vector art created by the design team and distributing it to working rigged hierarchy in Harmony, as well as adjusting the hierarchy to fit character specific requirements. In layperson’s terms, that means being involved in one of the most crucial elements of animation. This individual must be able to follow established rigging conventions, style, and production specific template layouts, pleasing character designers while working under tight production deadlines. If you can manage all of this, then you, mystery applicant, are exactly who we are looking for!
- Must be able to communicate and work in collaboration with Design, Animation and Scene Planning
- Must be able to set up a character so that the character/prop can move in the desired manner
- Identify problems and ask for help when needed
- Aims for consistency of the rigs throughout the production
- Test rigs, and ensure that they will hold up in animation
- Must have great organizational skills and ability to follow established conventions
- Being able to take direction and implement changes
- Strong working knowledge of 2D Rigging principles
- Strong drawing skills are an asset
- Strong working knowledge of Harmony
- A good working knowledge of Shotgun
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment and take direction easily and be willing to participate as a member of a team as well as to work independently as required
- Solid understanding of anatomy, mechanics and movement
- Technical understanding of the application and how to troubleshoot software issues when they arise
- Highly organized with good planning skills
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is Brown Bag Films an amazing studio full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and be a Resident of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
If you experience difficulties throughout the application process you may also forward your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org