Are you a visual thinker? Can you juggle multiple hats? Would you like to be the Frankenstein of creating amazing scenes? Then look no further! At Brown Bag Films our motto is simple: “We love animation.” In fact, we love it so much we trademarked it! ‘We Love Animation™.’ We are looking for a Scene Planner to help set up shots and work with other departments to ensure they have what they need to ensure consistency throughout production.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Review animatics and ensure you are familiar with the episode and consults with design, animation and producer
- Build scene lists with the correct scene lengths – The assets need to be sized and arranged in the desired composition
- Compiles the assets, as dictated by the design list and animatic, and assembles them in a file to be delivered to the animators for animating (Insert/Upload the mov files into the manager and make sure the lengths, sound and timing is correct)
- When assets are unavailable the scene planner devises the approach to maximize what can be done with available assets.
- Link all the designs (BG, Character, and Prop) with the proper scenes.
- Add or delete to the manager as required
- Update the mov files for retakes.
- Responsible for keeping the crew up to date on any changes
- Use of the proper programs and tools for each individual show
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 3 + years in the role, using Toon Boom Harmony
- Does the job quickly with little error
- Goes above and beyond to make sure work is done and helps in other areas as needed
- Solid knowledge of composition principles
- Strong ability to problem solve when assets are unavailable or with technical challenges
- Anticipates problems before they become an issue
- Proactively gives input as to solutions to problems
- Always meets deadlines
- Has excellent communication with team
- Works well under pressure and helps out in other areas when waiting for assets.
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is Brown Bag Films an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 300 artists working on award-winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
If you experience technical difficulties during your application process you may also submit resumes to email@example.com