Founded in 1994, Brown Bag Films is one of the world’s most exciting, original and successful creative-lead animation studios. As part of the 9 Story Media Group family Brown Bag Films has studios in Toronto, Dublin, Manchester and Bali employing over 1,000 creative and corporate staff worldwide. We operate some of the most technically-advanced studios in the world with full animation, picture and audio post-production facilities in-house. We could not operate on such a level and create beautiful content without the phenomenal talent we have on teams we have developed across our studios.
Currently our Toronto studio is looking for a Senior Vice President of Production to lead our highly successful Toronto production team. This person will be responsible for the full cycle support & delivery of all studio productions, ensuring full overall accountability for delivering all productions in line with all financial agreements, schedules and creative briefs as specified to the studio. They will also be charged with ensuring continuation of new business and briefs to the studio, contributing significantly to the future business for the studio. And, most importantly share our passion for Animation and creating an open creative work environment where artists and support staff thrive.
Reporting to the COO of 9 Story Media Group, the SVP of Production will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the VP of Production to ensure all
productions are delivered to the best animation standards and quality, while
ensuring budgets and schedules are met
- Supporting the Executive Management team as necessary to secure new productions for the studio through proactive planning as required
They will ensure full awareness of the studio’s business strategy and goals.
- Managing a team of 8 senior staff, the SVP will communicate closely with the CFO and other key department heads, accurately communicating on the status of all productions.
- Maintaining and developing business relationships with production partners including third parties, overseas studios, contractors and any key business personnel relevant to production needs
- Working closely with HR to ensure productions are adequately resourced and that proper training and mentorship programs are in place within the studio to grow and develop talent
- Addressing key production requirements while ensuring relevant creative needs are met and balanced across all productions. Maintaining strong relationships between different internal departments and functions relative to production
- Taking full ownership of production cost reports for the studio, overseeing all cost reports on production
- Creating and owning the schedule of productions for the studio, managing any changes and communicating same to Executive Management in an accurate manner
- Ensuring streamlined communication from VP of Production to Senior production personnel of any significant changes and/or requirements that affect the department
- Acting as key point of contact for client relationships and ensure the effective management of relevant external vendor relationships within the studio. Management of relationships with unions, guilds and additional contracted services as required
- Championing Brown Bag Films as a production studio of choice and be a creative industry leader. The SVP will successfully navigate and bring together creative and operational procedures and workflows to ensure the best quality work is always achieved
- Representing 9Story Media Group and Brown Bag Films internationally at key industry events and showcases. Occasional International travel to other BBF studio or markets will be required
- Other duties as required to ensure smooth operations of the studio and to meet client deadlines and specifications
The SVP of Production will have the following Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience as VP of Production/ Director of
Production level within an animation studio environment
- Detailed knowledge of either a 2D or 3D production and
- Strong fiscal skills with an ability to prepare and present financial reports to executive management. Previous responsibility for Production budgets, cost reporting and project bids for the studio is required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
- Proven leadership capabilities and experience managing diverse teams and
experience in client management
- The experience of managing multiple shows in production to
the highest quality
- Exceptional client engagement skills including internal clients/stakeholders as demonstrated through past experience in a similar role
- Thorough knowledge and experience in creating budgets and
schedules for long form TV series is essential.
- Familiarity with Canadian tax and employment regulations
as they apply would be a strong asset
- Systems experience with Google suite, MS Office suite required
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is Brown Bag Films an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. In addition to a highly competitive compensation package we offer a great work environment, first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Applicants need to be able to reside in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.