Are you interested in creating fire, thunderbolts, and lightning (very, very frightening)? Our Toronto team is looking for a VFX artist to be responsible for creating FX following the style of the existing series and maintaining the integrity of the production.
- Demonstrate a broad range of both Harmony and hand-drawn 2D FX abilities in a collaborative environment within a TV schedule.
- Exhibit a strong sense of timing and pacing, with a keen eye for detail.
- Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of FX animation techniques.
- Collaborate and work with other members of the Production towards solving technical and creative issues.
- Be responsible for all revisions related to FX and deliver in a timely manner
Requirements for the position:
- Minimum of 1-year production experience with ToonBoom Harmony 9 or higher.
- Strong understanding of the modules in the Harmony system
- Solid knowledge of the Harmony Network and the ability to read and breakdown a character Rig
- Strong draftsmanship is required
- Understanding of environmental and elemental physics and emulate them into sequential drawings
- Understanding of colour, shading, and lighting techniques for believable environmental visual fx.
- Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is Brown Bag Films an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 300 artists working on award-winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
If you experience technical difficulties during your application process you may also submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org