CONTROLLER: 9 Story Media Group Inc. (“9SMG”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact: 9 Story Media Group Inc., 23 Fraser Ave., Toronto, ON M6K 1Y7. Email: email@example.com.
1) THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
For general users of our site, we may process a limited amount of personal data which can be grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data – this includes first name, last name, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes email address provided by subscribers to our newsletter.
- Technical Data – includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
Other than for certain purposes connected with recruitment, we do not collect any special categories of Personal Data about you via this website (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
2) HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
- We collect Identity Data mostly for recruitment purposes – more information available on our CAREERS page.
- Contact Data is collected if you subscribe to our newsletter.
- We may also receive personal data about you from certain third parties such as analytics providers such as Google.
3) FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- To send marketing emails and updates only if you have consented to be added to our subscriber email list.
- To process job applications.
- To help us to understand how you engage with our site and to provide us with a report on the usage of the site.
4) LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
|TYPE OF DATA
|LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
|To register you as a subscriber to our newsletter
|Your consent and for our legitimate interests (to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
|To use data analytics to understand website usage patterns, and for marketing, and to improve the user experience
|(a) Technical(b) Usage
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define users of our website, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
|(a) Contact(b) Identity
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (hiring new staff) and (for successful applicants) to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
5) OPTING OUT
You can ask us to stop sending you newsletters at any time by following the unsubscribe link and edit preferences link in the newsletter mail outs or by contacting us via the contact details at the top of this Privacy Notice any time.
6) SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with email service providers. We do not transfer your personal data collected via this website outside of Canada.
7) DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8) DATA RETENTION
9) YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be the subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
10) THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
12) COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICE
Reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website is prohibited. The information and graphics contained in this site are copyright protected by 9SMG and its respective clients. The trademarks and logos displayed on the site are registered trademarks of 9SMG. and other organizations. No part of this site may be permanently stored or copied for further distribution, or transmitted in any form or by any means without written permission from 9SMG. Exceptions may be made for use of materials where downloads or embed codes are clearly stated which may be used for non-commercial purposes.
At 9 Story Media Group, we understand and appreciate that people with disabilities may have different needs. Should you require any information from our website in a different format or if you have any questions or feedback about our accessibility standards and policy, please contact us.